Monday, August 27, 2012

Fifty

August 27, 2012
Pounds lost in week thirteen = 3.5
Total pounds lost = 50.0 (average of 3.8 per week)

I did it! Hit the magic 50. I will say that this might be +/- 0.2 pounds or something. The very first weigh-in was logged as a whole number, but I believe it was actually a couple tenths below that. Anyway, before class, I was a few tenths short. But after class, in which I was sweating buckets doing a billion push-ups, and after emptying my bladder (in the bathroom, not while doing the push-ups), I weighed in again and the scale finally showed the number I wanted to see. Haa haa. The things we do to get our mental reward!!

I said to Troy after weighing in the second time, "Now it's 50 pounds!" He gave me a high five, and then said, "I want you to get past that. How about 4 pounds by Friday?" Sigh...always with the goals!! Is that how people get stuff done - by setting goals?

Now I'd like to tell you a story about an old friend - Puffy McCloud. Puffy is a beautiful, light grayish blue, down winter jacket that I love with all my heart. I bought Puffy over 10 years ago after I'd lost a considerable amount of weight, and we only spent one winter together because I didn't maintain the weight loss. But I kept Puffy, because it was too hard to part with her. At one point, I gave Puffy to a good friend, with the idea that someone should be able to wear her. So, my friend had Puffy dry cleaned, but then Puffy sat in HER closet for a couple years. She finally realized she wasn't going to wear it, so Puffy McCloud came back to me (nice and clean - bonus!).

This weekend, I reached deep in my closet and pulled Puffy out. Well, grab your Kleenex because Puffy and I fit again! Okay, Puffy was a little tight around the middle (cinched-waist style), but nice and roomy through the shoulders and upper arms. So, here's hoping it gets nice and cold this winter because Puffy and I are ready!

I looked for a picture of me and Puffy from 2002 but no luck. I will try to post one of us together present-day soon. I'm not sure Puffy is still in style, but I just don't give a shit - I love her.

Oh, and I think I'm going to buy lottery tickets today. Not only did I reach my 50 pound mark, but I also had a double-yolk egg, AND the vending machine spit out two Diet Mountain Dews this morning. Whoop, whoop!! (or maybe the universe is trying to make me gain weight with the extra cholesterol and chemicals??)

No comments:

Post a Comment