Monday, August 6, 2012

First major test - Grade B

August 6, 2012
Pounds lost in week ten = 3
Total pounds lost = 39 (average of 3.9 per week)

So, I had a major test this weekend with the diet and exercise - spent the weekend up north with the cousins. Fun and food all around, and I did pretty well. Definitely ate things that are diet-derailers, like Bud Light, snack mix, s'mores, beer dip. However, I really tried to moderate the quantities (like a 'normal' person might). For the weekend, I only had three beers, I kept the beer dip under 10 bites and my s'more was just marshmallow and graham crackers - no chocolate. I also worked out a bit. Took an hour long walk with about 7 minutes of running peppered in (in 1 and 2 minute spurts). I also did a tiny bit of vigorous treading water - not for long, but my arms were sore, so it counts!

I think the rest of the group isn't doing that well. We got a talking-to from Troy about diet. It's funny- I kind of want to hear, "Except Kari," when he tells the group we're not focused on our diets, but I also don't want to be singled out with positive praise. So, I just nod and think, "Yeah, I'm doing well on my diet, but I could still be doing better."

And, I think Crystal and I, who started a week earlier than the other three, are going to get a 'bonus' 13th week while the other girls finish their 12th. I've heard him say that we have 4 weeks left when Crystal and I only have 3 left, but I don't want to ask for fear that I'd be pointing out to Troy we should actually be done or else paying for another week. Who thought I'd be trying to sneak my way into extra workouts?

By the way, that beer dip? Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, beer and some other thing I can't remember. And we had it on pretzels. It's a small miracle I didn't hoover the whole container.

Oh, and note to self = probably shouldn't wear the shorter shorts to workouts anymore. They're modest when standing, but probably pretty frightening from behind when doing bear crawls. Sorry 'bout that, fellow gym members.

No comments:

Post a Comment