Wednesday, August 8, 2012

OMG

So sore today. We worked arms Monday, legs Tuesday and core today (with lots of leg and arm work included). Hurts to get up, hurts to sit down, hurts to lift my arms, hurts to laugh....you get the idea. Today I was laying on the step and I missed what we were supposed to be doing next. So I loafed for a bit to watch what the others were doing. Well, that cost me a "Kari, get going!" comment from Troy and cost the group an extra 10 seconds of crunches with elbows to opposite knees. So hard to focus on the next circuit when you're in the process of dying from the current one...

An interesting thing I learned last week is that Trainer Troy's workouts really are difficult; not just to me, as someone who is significantly overweight and out of shape, but to others as well. There's another Biggest Loser group going at the same time as our group. One day, their trainer was out sick and his group was left kind of floundering so Troy worked a mother and daughter team into our group.

Not to be judgy, but they weren't really killing it - they kind of seemed to be lazing through the circuits (it's possible that others might be thinking this about me). Anyway, through the whole hour I thought, "You paid so much money for this program. Why are you just going through the motions?" And I'd say each has about 20-30 pounds to lose, so it's not like they're limited by size.

Anyway, the two groups come together for Thursday meetings with a dietitian, and they both commented on how difficult Troy's workout was compared to theirs. My first thought was, "Well, shit! I thought so!" But, I'm very thankful that I ended up in Troy's group, since it seems like we're getting a better outcome than the other group.

I also had the realization that my nightly habit of looking at recipes on foodie blogs is probably not a good idea. Kind of like a prison inmate paging through Penthouse magazine. Oooh...I want that. CAN'T HAVE IT....oooh, and that...NOPE! My Pinterest board is chock full of crap I can't have (like pasta, not boobies).

And this may be my kryptonite - Almond Poppy Seed Bread (OMG):

No comments:

Post a Comment