Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Great, just great

This morning before class starts, I'm walking on the treadmill next to another member. She's in some other group - we've seen each other before, but never spoken. She says to me, "So, you decided to come back today, huh?" Me: "Yeah," while my brain is scrambling to think why she would ask that question. "Oh, did you see me struggling yesterday?"
Her: "Yes, good for you for coming back. He's unrelenting, isn't he?"
Me: "Uhh...yeah, you could say that."

So, clearly, I'm making as big of a spectacle of myself as it feels. Although, I suppose it would be odd if no one noticed me yesterday, since I was gasping for breath sooo loudly.

Again today, it was just me and another girl. I should be happy that I'm getting such individual attention from Trainer Troy, but all I can think of is sending an email to the others saying, "By all that is holy, please please get your asses back to the gym!"

On another note, I made fish at home for the first time ever - all my years of cooking and I've never ventured into seafood-land. I found a bag of individually frozen cod fillets at Costco and I was impressed by how nice the fish looked when I opened the packet. Anyway, here's what I did.

Broiled Cod
1 6oz. cod fillet
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1/8 c. panko breadcrumbs
Butter spray
Salt and pepper to taste
Paprika for color

Preheat oven to 400.
Rinse and pat dry the cod; salt and pepper both sides. Place in a small baking dish.
Spread the mayo on the top of the fish, then top with the breadcrumbs. Press the crumbs into the mayo a bit. Spitz the breadcrumbs with a few shots of butter spray and sprinkle with paprika.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish is flaky in the center.

It was really good, but I think I'll leave off the mayo next time. That added a richness I don't think it really needed. I eat broiled fish with cocktail sauce and lemon, which is why I don't think I need the extra flavor from the mayo. But it did probably keep the fish moist, so that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment