Sunday, July 15, 2012

Quinoa and Qualms

So, I'm not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. I'm in a plateau - at least my home scale tells me so. I'm consistent with my calories, and consistent with the workouts, but that damn scale has been stuck all week. The recoil from my 8 pound success last week perhaps.

How to fix it - more veggies and more activity. My goals for this week are to have 3 servings of veggies every day and to work out two evenings during the week and once on the weekend. Hard workouts - no half-walks with Joey looking at me with his "Are you kidding me?" face.

This weekend I made a quinoa salad that I found on Pinterest. This was my first taste of quinoa and it was pretty darn tasty. Found here on The Healthy Foodie blog.
Quick and Easy Quinoa Salad - The Healthy Foodie

And, a funny story for this week's workouts. We were doing step-ups onto weight benches. Troy wanted us to go up with the left foot, bring up right, down with left foot, down with right. Easy, yes? Well, when he said 'lead with the same foot', I interpreted this as L, R, R, L. I guess the other girls did too, because he kept trying to get us to do it correctly. "No, UP with one foot, DOWN with the same foot." For a good 30 seconds he kept trying nicely to correct us. Finally, he says, "Holy Christ, Ladies." I think we exasperated him. Ha ha ha.

I started wanting to recreate some version of this to get him to say "Holy Christ" again...because I'm that kind of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment