Friday, June 8, 2012

Unhappy with success

June 8, 2012
Total pounds lost = 9

Two weeks and 9 pounds lost. Great for someone who is 30 pounds from goal. Not for someone 100 pounds from goal. I think I'm not happy with it because this is how much I can lose in weeks one and two on 'just' a diet (no exercise). To think I'm working this hard in the mornings for 9 measly pounds is discouraging. However, I know these things are true: 1) I've been really good on the diet side, 2) I've been really good on the exercise side, and 3) even stone shrinks given pressure and time. Moving forward.

On a more silly note, Papa John's is sending me bi-weekly texts about their various specials. I signed up for these a long time ago and their marketing has met with varying success for this customer. In the past, when that text would come in, it would often create that subliminal "I've GOT to have pizza" spark. Now, however, I look at it and think "I've GOT to figure out how to get off their list."

After getting today's deal, it occured to me that these texts are like booty calls from an ex-boyfriend. You dumped him for a reason, but when that call comes in, you kind of forget the bad times and think, "What's the harm this one time?" So, Papa John is calling for my booty, and I'm not answering. Time to quit him.

Also, at a work party today, I had created a great, healthy lunch from among the other naughty options. Imagine a loaded Qdoba taco bar and you'll be pleased to know that I came away with a salad made of only lettuce, black beans, chicken and salsa. Success.

Anyway, they cut the cake and I declined - no real hardship. Then, while I was sitting with my cake-eating co-workers, this guy - we'll call him Doofus - says, "Kari, did you get cake?"

Me: "Yes, I was offered but I don't care for any."
Doofus: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Yes, thanks, I'm sure"
Doofus: "Really, you're sure?"
Me: "Yes, I'm sure"

Jesus! When a big girl turns down cake, you don't try to coax her into it two more times! What a stupid, clueless Doofus.

No comments:

Post a Comment