Monday, June 4, 2012

Week Two - the horror continues

June 4, 2012
Pounds lost this week = 8
Total pounds lost = 8

Weigh-ins are on Friday - they're smart to catch us before the weekend! So, on Friday, I'd lost 6 pounds. Not fantastic for the 'first week'. BUT, given that we started on Tuesday, this was only after four days. This morning, Monday, I'm at 8 pounds lost. So, that's my official (at least in my head).

Today's workout...brutal. I think I'm going to be saying that about every workout...I couldn't make it through a full repetition of any of the sets. Well, I might have done a full rep of one or two. Knees hurt, back hurts, hip hurts, spirit hurts.

After doing a circuit of squats, ladder sprints, sit-ups, Troy got the bright idea to have us run a lap around the building. I didn't hear him initially, so I said "What's next?" to my group. "Running," was the reply. "Shit, shit, shit," was what ran through my head. The dreaded running.

My group got off to a great start. I almost immediately fell behind, but I kept trudging along...until the wheezing started. This is quite a feeling. You're short on breath to start, as you push yourself to previously unknown limits, and then your throat starts to close. Yikes. So, I slowed to a walk...until Troy turned around and caught me slacking. Whoops! Back to a slow run as I'm waving, "No lazy person back here. You just carry on with your track stars up there."

He waited for me at the end of the building - the midway point of our run. I made up my mind that I was going to keep a trotting pace for this last half. No slowing to a walk for me! Troy stayed with me the whole time. Finally, it dawned on me that he was walking. Yep! I was 'running' and he was walking and we were neck and neck. I pointed this out to him and said sarcastically, "That's fantastic."

He just laughed and said, "Everyone starts somewhere."

2 comments:

  1. Whoop! Whoop! You are awesome! Keep up the great work and keep that inhaler in your back pocket.

    ReplyDelete