Thursday, June 28, 2012

Worrier

So, the Chair of my department (my boss, essentially), is a bit of a worrier. When I first started my workout program, I was having trouble with asthma. My trainer asked me to see my physician, so I worked to get an appointment. My doctor is quite busy, so when I got a call at 1:00 asking me if I could be to the clinic across town by 1:20, I didn't want to say no. So, I dropped everything at work, told my staff I had to quick run to the doctor, and took off.

Well, my Chair stopped down to see me while I was gone. He heard from my staff that I had to quick run to the doctor. Well, he got concerned, asking them if everything was okay. Later, when I returned, he asked me if everything was alright. I assured him that I was fine, and I told him the story about starting a workout and that my trainer asked me to see a physician...the whole speil. He actually said, "Good, then we can have you around longer..." I took this to mean that he expects me to fall over from a heart attack at any time...

So, yesterday, I left work at 2:00 for an appointment without notifying him (I don't usually tell him when I'm leaving). He left a message for me so I called him back when I was done with my appointment.

Again, he was concerned about my appointment, "Was it a medical appointment? Is everything okay?" Really? Kind of funny. I assured him that I was fine, "Not to worry," I said.

The funny part is that I was actually getting my nails done. I didn't have the nerve to tell him this, as I don't think he needs to know that I take vacation every two weeks for this very important purpose. Nothing gets in the way of my nail appointments!!


No comments:

Post a Comment